Circuit for three LEDs
The circuit below includes:
- three LEDs, one each of red, yellow, and green
- three current limiting resistors, each about 220Ω
- an Arduino microcontroller board
The cathode (
-) of each LED should be connected to the
GND bus of the breadboard.
The anode (
+) of each LED should be connected to one end of a resitor.
The other end of the resistor should be connected to one of the digital I/O pins on
the microcontroller board. Any pin will do. However:
- if you connect one of the LEDs to pin 13, then when you blink the LED, then the
on-board LED will blink also.
- if you use I/O pins 0 or 1, you will not be able to download your sketch to
the board (since those pins are used for serial communication).
|Circuit with Several LEDs|